THE FASTEST, FLATTEST MILE RACE IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA!
5th Annual Fundraising Event for Shriners Hospitals for Children of Greenville
Friday, August 22, 2014 - 6:30 p.m.
Historic Main Street
Free race t-shirts (good ones, that you will WANT to wear) to the first 300 runners. Register early, PLEASE!!
Huge FREE post race after-party featuring LIVE music, local craft beer, food, children's games, and killer awards. Plus you get a loaded SCHWAG bag.
Become a part of this growing Waynesville tradition!
The Shriners Hospitals for Children-Greenville (SHC-G) is a state-of-the-art tertiary care hospital with more than 20 orthopaedic treatment specialties, with a special expertise in the following areas:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Scoliosis and other spinal abnormalities
- Clubfoot and other problems of the foot
- Limb deficiencies and prosthetic restoration
- Metabolic bone diseases
• Treats orthopaedic patients up to age 18 at no charge
• A minimum of $0.93 of every $1.00 donated goes to direct patient care services
• Received 14,269 out-patient visits in 2008
• Approved 2,062 new applications in 2008
• 1,765 hours of operating room service in 2008
• Open to all children who can be helped by the services provided regardless of race, creed, or financial background of the parents.
- Motion Analysis Lab
- state-of-the-art laboratory
- prosthetics and orthotics department
- completely digital x-ray services
- physical, occupational, and recreational therapy departments
- 2 fully functioning OR suites
- 7 full-time medical staff
SHC-G is a 50 bed pediatric orthopaedic hospital licensed by the state of South Carolina and accredited by the Joint Commission